Wednesday, October 22, 2008

for the love of...guitars

And then came Saturday, October 18, 2008...

Karen and Dino, her younger brother, accompanied me to Cubao at Salonga store last weekend. Dino happens to be a good musician, as what Karen always babbles (with pride!) at the staffhouse, so I asked Karen to tag him along so he can pick a good one for me. We went there and as we enter, I can't help but beam with so0o0o0o much excitement! A big smile even if my teeth hurt from the new powder blue ligatures I just had from my dentist appointment that afternoon. It didn't matter that time if I delay lunch for half an hour more (it was past 3:00pm then). It was like going to a fashion botique, and wanting to try on every dress! BUT it was Dino whom I asked to try and choose one for me. He tried this guitar which he was eyeing even before we went there. It has a tuner and pick-up already installed, but the problem is it is less than P5000, which means I can't use credit card for staggered payment. So I let him try this black guitar I saw hanging on the wall. Meet my baby Brooke, yep you read it right. It's Brooke and NOTCobralyn or Gorgonia or Thirdy...



Brooke has neither tuner nor pick up...but she's still a BLACK beauty (like the owner, of course! heh-heh). I bought her a strap and an electronic tuner. From now on Alvin and Alfred will be spared from tuning chores. I can only tune the lower G-B-E strings, based on "Linger" by the Cranberries. Even if I have the tuner I still think I should learn to tune by ear though. I'll get there, "one string at a time". ;)

After paying for it we went to Wendy's to eat and then to Timezone at Gateway. Karen and I played aracade while waiting for the videoke booth to empty. I understand then why Karen is so proud of his brother. He sang a Bamboo song (sorry I don't know the title), and then another (Masaya by Bamboo still), a Lifehouse, a Nickelback and finally a Freestyle. I remember he kept saying before we start that he'll just sing ONE song though. Well what can I say??? He can sing all he wants coz HE CAN REALLY SING!!! He's got a voice like Bamboo's (no wonder he sang 2 of his songs), plus he can play the guitar. Now I agree with Karen that Dino should join the PDA (Pinoy Dream Academy).

Now back to Brooke...heh-heh...After dinner at Karen's house I went back to Cavite and started learning "Desert Song" by Brooke Frasier and went to bed, happily, around 1:00am. And by the way, I can't get my hands off the tuner either, simply because I'm amazed there is such a thing! But again I better not rely too much on it and start learning to tune by ear.

Brooke and Blossoms kinda look alike. Both have curved backs and dark color. Blossoms by the way is a Lumanog while Brooke's an Applause (Ovation). Maybe subconsciously I wanted it to look like Blossoms here (What a great excuse to post my picture! heh-heh):




Picture courtesy of gretz who also took the picture of Brooke. I'll get to pose with Brooke soon. :)

Well, one down in my wish list. More to go, but I first gotta make that list...long. =p


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More of this at Karen's blog.











5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sya,sya schlieren na name mo ate,beauty un guitar!maganda!dpat pla nagsuggest ako,may steel guitar kna e,so the nxt thing is a classic one pra blend yung jamming!opinion ko lng nman yung hehe...cge gudluck sa tuning lesson,madali lng yan promise!-ryan

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

huhu miss ko na jamming natin... "i want you to buuuurn...burn for me beybeeeh..." hahahaha!

9:14 AM  
Blogger schlieren said...

wawang bata! heh-heh...oist...salamat sa pagbisita :)

7:45 AM  
Blogger schlieren said...

helooooooo ryaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn!!!kaw pala yan! sige next year bili naman ako ng classic...kapag may extra money. heh-heh...

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok,beatbox nlang kulang!jamming tyo minsan hehe wla ako mapakantang gurl eh....☺!!! see you soon...Godbless!
note:pro d ako c anonymous 3rd time ko plng nagcomment e,bye!mwah!-ryecon

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home